5-star quality at a 3-star hotel: Quest Hotel Cebu (2016 Review クエスト ホテル セブ)

My twin room during my stay at Quest Hotel, Cebu (クエスト ホテル セブ).

One of the worst things to happen while traveling is if your booked hotel misrepresents itself or overpromises what they can offer. On the other hand, I've had a number of instances where I had reasonable expectations but the hotel just WOWed me. That being said, my experience with Quest Hotel, Cebu (クエスト ホテル セブ) has got to be the best one of these kinds of instances so far!

Quest Hotels is an international hotel chain with properties across the Philippines and Indonesia. Specifically, Quest Hotel and Conference Center Cebu humbly claims to be a 3-star hotel despite having over 400 rooms and suites, a gym, swimming pool and business center among other facilities. All rooms are also equipped with a mini bar and room service. In addition, they are conveniently located in the city center just a stone's throw away from Ayala Center Cebu (アヤラ センター セブ), one of Cebu's major shopping malls that houses some of the best local restaurants.

 

Upon checking into my room, I was greeted by the warm ambient lighting and a personal note by the desk with some special treats that reminded me of my childhood. The room wasn't as big as those in 5-star hotels, but the space was sufficient and it was definitely cozy. 

No this isn't a photo of Katy Perry

Amihan you gullible kween!! :(

This is exactly how I like my salad: drowning in dressing where you can barely taste the leaves. Haha

Like any other sensible traveler in 2016, the first thing I did was of course connect to the wifi. I love how easy they made it to connect - two clicks and that's it! After that I plopped on the bed, took a selfie with my new sapphire hair, watched the equally enchanting remake of my all-time favorite teleserye Encantadia and ordered room service. I could get used to this kind of life! I ordered the Sarimanok dish, which is basically chicken cordon bleu, only sliced thinner. It arrived quick and fresh and it made me look forward to what other culinary delights the hotel had in store for their guests.

The hotel's awards and recognition over the years at the lobby elevators.

The pool

The business center
Crab roe tomato pasta and their signature chocolate liqueur drink of the month.


(Disclaimer: I received an invitation from Quest Hotel to stay and dine at their property as a travel blogger who is based in Japan. All my opinions in this blog post are truthful and authentic.)

Dining at Quest Hotel, Cebu (クエスト ホテル セブ)
(Part 2 in the next blog post)


-thetravelguyshops
Follow me at www.instagram.com/thetravelguyshops

Comments

Popular Posts