[US Visa 2015] 3 - Requirements Checklist

To get this visa on your passport, make sure you also bring the following documents in this post

In case you haven't heard from those who have applied previously, there is only a tiny chance that the Visa Adjuticator (VA) will take a look at any one of your requirements, and that chance arises when he or she isn't satisfied with your answers, meaning you haven't proven that you have strong economic and family ties to the Philippines and will return eventually. This is because as I have said, any document can be forged, but it is unlikely that your body language during the interview can be.

One lady was asked for her bank passbook. I assumed the VA did not believe her bank certificate could have such a sizable amount of money. The applicant didn’t have a passbook and kept insisting that the account was ATM only. She took out her ATM card and insisted the VA take it. What was the VA supposed to do with it? Swipe it down her crack? SMH. Common sense apparently isn’t so common. If that had happened to me, I would have easily given my PHP and USD passbooks as well as the old ones with holes punched through them. Needless to say, the applicant heard the usual “We are sorry but your application is not qualified for a visa at this time” (to that effect) and that was P7200 down the drain.

You know that you're supposed to bring the usual bank certificate, employment certificate, income tax return, other BIR forms, business permits, land titles, LTO car registration - but again, all these can be forged and are hence presumed to be fake, and that's why the officer rarely takes a look at them. Remember that with the thousands they interview everyday, the embassy won’t make an effort to call your bank/company/LTO/mayor’s office to verify your bank account/tenure/car registration/land title. Nevertheless, you should still bring them.

Here are some documents I brought (in addition to the above) that are highly unlikely to be forged:


- Current and old bank passbooks, under personal or business accounts (all currencies, if applicable). Definitely bring this. This is more useful than a bank certificate, which can easily be forged. As in the tragic example abovea passbook would have shown all the transaction history of the account. Naturally, the longer you have had that bank account with currently a huge amount, the better.

Note: My bank provided an official receipt to go with the bank certificate. Apparently, this is a US Embassy requirement (perhaps to lessen the chances of a forged certificate.)

- Credit cards and statements. Again, the longer you've had it, the better. Gold and Platinum cards would also make more of an impact. Note: having a couple of credit cards will also be quite helpful at immigration (both at a Philippine airport and your destination airport) in proving you're a tourist, if you get questioned.


Who will be paying for my trip? My cards and I will.

- Photos of you traveling abroad In case you don't have your old passport and need proof of previous travels

- (If applicable) published work. A book or magazine article, to prove you're an author or full-time writer. This is very difficult to forge and can prove that you are really of the profession you say you are.

I also brought the following items which I had on hand, just in case:
- NSO birth certificate (in case they doubted my identity) 
- An old NBI clearance (in case I’m mistaken for a criminal or terrorist.)
- A sample Official Receipt recently issued by my business

I suppose the VA was completely satisfied with my answers that she didn't ask to view even one of the documents I brought, which I'm hoping the same would happen during your interview too.


Good luck with your application!


      Do you have any other tips you would like to share with other readers? Comment below!

      NOTE: Every visa application is received on a case-by-case basis and it will be very difficult to get approved if to begin with, you are unemployed, do not have a business, or do not have most of your family in the country. But not to worry: for the most affordable US Visa Mock Interview and Visa Consultation services (including those for other countries including Japan, Korea, Taiwan and China), LIKE and visit this page: www.facebook.com/AvenixTravel

- # thetravelguyshops
Follow me on Instagram!


NOTE: This guide was created based on a B1/B2 (business/tourist) visa application. Some information may not be applicable for other visa types.

QUICK LINKS:
Part 1: Introduction
http://thetravelguyshops.blogspot.com/2015/02/us-visa-2015-1-introduction.html
Part 2: How to Apply (Step by step)
http://thetravelguyshops.blogspot.com/2015/02/us-visa-2015-2-how-to-apply-step-by.html
Part 3: Requirements Checklist
http://thetravelguyshops.blogspot.com/2015/02/us-visa-2015-3-requirements-checklist.html
Part 4: Actual Interview Questions
http://thetravelguyshops.blogspot.com/2015/02/us-visa-2015-4-actual-interview.html
Part 5: IMPORTANT! Interview tips
http://thetravelguyshops.blogspot.com/2015/02/us-visa-2015-5-interview-tips-secrets.html
Part 6: What you do NOT have to worry about at the US Embassy
http://thetravelguyshops.blogspot.com/2015/02/us-visa-2015-6-what-not-to-worry-about.html
Part 7: When your visa is denied
http://thetravelguyshops.blogspot.com/2015/02/us-visa-2015-7-denied-visa-some.html

Comments

  1. Awesome work ! I am planning to travel but I was confused about flight bookings, your post gave me an amazing idea to explore for documents required for us visa. Nice post, keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice article. Highly recommended. The thoughts are clear and well explained. Thank you for sharing your work, truly worth reading. On the other hand, if you’re interested in, us visa application, feel free to visit our website. Thank you and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was nice to see and read this article of yours! Sometimes It’s hard to accept ideas came from sites because we don’t know if they are telling the truth, I think that your not like that, so I really admire your work! Have you thought about
    us visa application?

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me time is very valuable, so I always manage my time properly then suddenly I have to enter us visa process which I don’t have any ideas about the procedures or anything but your article helps me to understand the process. Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I personally believe that us visa process is not easy to do, that’s why we need someone that are capable of helping us on these like bonafide visa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The process of us visa application won’t take years just to get this, you will just need to meet all the requirements and find some helpful articles like this work and appreciate the effort of the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are always good sides about many things like us visa process although it’s a long process, you will not think of it especially when you have a good reason for it. Thanks author for helping us realized this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was very thankful and amazed because I’m reading your blogs about us visa process which I really need this time. Since I’m planning to finish my application for us visa without any hassle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember my friend telling me about us visa application things that is so unique for an individual because not all people would see these things like what you see it. So I guess that you are really unique!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was kinda amazed on the effort you put into this us visa process article will really give some good and valuable thoughts about these things so I must thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Guys,
    Have any business related work in US? Then you will need to obtain USA B1 Visa and legally enter in USA. To process your visa hassle free, Contact XIPHIAS Immigration, the best B1 visa consultants for USA in india, in providing visa service since past 14 years.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts