Best Value Hotel in Jakarta: Ibis Styles Mangga Dua

Bar and dining/breakfast area, Ibis Styles Jakarta Mangga Dua Square

*NOTE: not to be confused with Ibis Mangga Dua (without "Styles"), found all the way at the back

The highlight of my Jakarta trip was having stayed at the Ibis Styles Mangga Dua Square hotel. I am not sure if that's a good thing, or if it reflects poorly on a city. In any case, what I am sure of is that I would recommend this hotel to everyone who visits Jakarta, and I can guarantee you'll get the most bang for your buck like I did. Spacious rooms and hotel interior with buffet breakfast included. I can't believe we paid no more than USD45 per night! (although it may have been a soft opening promotion.)

We were lucky to visit Jakarta at the time when the hotel was brand new. We had booked a few weeks ahead but it had just opened days before we checked-in. The main reason I chose this hotel was because of its location: it was smack right in the middle of the Mangga Dua shopping mall (albeit disappointing), near the airport, and luckily there were food stalls/restaurants right outside.

The hotel clearly exudes a personality with a fun, young vibe, staying true to its brand's image. After this experience, I realized you can never go wrong with an international chain boutique hotel. It rarely happens, but Ibis Styles Mangga Dua is one of those hotels I love so much that I won't even bother checking others if I ever do go back to Jakarta.

Follow me on instagram: @thetravelguyshops

The walls remind me of Legos, which is a good thing!

Bed, bath and a desk


This is my kind of lobby! There are two computers available, together with some complimentary cold tea, where you can spend some time surfing the web.
Shirt by H&M (Singapore); shorts by Uniqlo (Manila); sling bag from Shanghai; shoes from Tokyo.

Breakfast with a decent amount of choices!
 
Yes, they have a gym. And one with a great view at that!


Some sick graffiti artwork
Even their bathrooms are fun! That may or may not be Audrey Hepburn.


The exterior. Getting a cab won't be a problem, and the nearest train station is a few minutes bajaj (pronounced ba-jai, an Indonesian tuktuk basically) ride away.

Comments

Popular Posts