Musings at Cubao MRT Station

BULLET trains going to different provinces at Nanjing (South?) Railway Station. China's transportation by rail is almost as good as that of Japan.

Funny story.
I took the MRT again yesterday. I was wondering why people were taking so long going down the stairs at the platform and being impatient, I used another flight of stairs.
As it turns out, there was a little old lady at the head of the pack, being assisted by her aide. They were both holding onto the handrails on either side so no one could get through. As grandma descended one step at a time, so did the rest of the crowd behind them, in unison. It was a SUPER funny sight to behold, like an episode right out of Mr. Bean. Even the trapped commuters seemed to think so, as can be noticed through their suppressed giggling at the senselessness and hilarity of their situation.
I started to overanalyze like I usually do. Here I was at the MRT, regarded as one of the everyday frustrations and necessary evils by regular Filipinos. I couldn't help but think that the old lady and her aide symbolized our government, officials in charge or simply obsolete ways of thinking that hinder the public from literally moving forward and progressing. That's just sad because most of the time we cannot or are just simply too complacent to do anything about it. Like I always say, if someone can't support you, don't let them get in your way.
I wish someone would put me in charge of the local mass transportation. I've taken the subway in ten or so countries and I think I know what works, what doesn't, and what should've never been done. Maybe in the future. Anyway, it would have been perfect if I got to take a photo of the scene, but alas, grandma took the last step down the stairs before I could take out my phone and everyone scattered after breaking free from their temporary confinement (which probably seemed to take FOREVER for those who were in a hurry, if you think about it.)
I turned around, sighed, shook my head and smiled as I left the station. At least I won't have to put up with this inefficient third-world nonsense much longer. ‪#‎haypilipinas‬ ‪#‎lovehaterelationshipwiththiscountry‬

Comments

Popular Posts